What we do
We regulate Victoria’s energy, water and transport sectors, and administer the rate-capping system for the local government sector. We also administer the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target (VEET) scheme, which aims to reduce greenhouse gases by making energy efficiency improvements more affordable for consumers.
We promote thought leadership and the delivery of great performance in how we regulate the electricity and gas, water, local government and transport sectors. We also occasionally review other sectors at the request of the Victorian Government. View more information on the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target scheme.
We use a formal process to exercise our responsibilities. This includes:
- developing reports on how markets operate
- delivering price determinations
- producing compliance assessments and audits
- taking enforcement actions when required
- producing an annual work plan, which outlines our key focuses for the year.
Our key values
We promote the long term interests of Victorian consumers by implementing key values.
Learn more how we regulate.